Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Read Across America Day

March 2nd is marked "National Read Across America Day" which promotes the love of reading. In keeping up with the spirit of the day, here's a fun 'poem' to recite with the kids...
READER'S OATH:
I promise to read Each day and each night.
I know it's the key To growing up right.
I'll read to myself,I'll read to a crowd.
It makes no difference If silent or loud.
I'll read at my desk, At home and at school,
On my bean bag or bed, By the fire or pool.
Each book that I read Puts smarts in my head,
'Cause brains grow more thoughts The more they are fed.
So I take this oath To make reading my way
Of feeding my brain What it needs every day.

Did we mention "Dr. Seuss" was Greek??? That's right, Sigma Phi Epsilon!
Check out other "Famous Greeks".

No comments: