Thursday, August 27, 2009

BOOK CLUB: The Kissing Hand

"Chester Racoon stood at the edge of the forest and cried.
'I don't want to go to school,' he told his mother. 'I want to stay home with you. I want to play with my friends. And play with my toys. And read my books. And swing on my swing. Please may I stay home with you?"...


Story by Audrey Penn: A perfect first day story. This is a story about a little raccoon ready to start school. He talks about his fears to his mother, fears that most children have before beginning school. His mother comes up with a wonderful solution to help her little raccoon remember that she loves him and is thinking about him, even when she isn't with him.

This story is read before bedtime as part of our 'night before the first day of school tradition'... hope everyone has a great first day...

No comments: